Connecting organisations with students
Workplace learning (WPL) enables students to become more capable and employable professionals. We believe WPL is a vital part of a student’s learning. It develops their professional practice capabilities and gets them ready to work in modern healthcare environments.
In keeping with the need for clinicians to have a holistic understanding of health and communities, we also work with organisations such as schools, early learning centres and community centres to provide students with non-traditional placements.
Organisations that host students on placement can experience many benefits, such as:
- showcasing the organisation as a potential future employer for health graduates
- creating a culture of learning and reward
- building supervision and mentorship skills for employees
- promoting the organisation as a learning environment that values evidence-based practice
- contributing to the development of future clinicians
- creating an environment that embraces new ideas
- increasing service delivery.
Our clinical educators work closely with our service coordinator, WPL and academic teams to establish and support workplace learning relationships with employers and clinicians through the various stages; before, during and after placement. Regardless of your organisation’s size or disciplinary focus, if you are located in our footprint and interested in more information about hosting students, please contact our team.