Congress of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nurses and Midwives (CATSINaM) Conference
Three River would like to support two (2) Indigenous students from Charles Sturt University to attend the 2019 Congress of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nurses and Midwives’ (CATSINaM) National Professional Development Conference.
Three Rivers University Department of Rural Health aims to improve the recruitment and retention of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander nursing, midwifery, dentistry and allied health professionals in rural and remote Australia.
The CATSINaM Conference is taking place from the 24th – 26th September, 2019 in Sydney. For more details see https://www.catsinam.org.au/events-folder/catsinam-conference-2019-1.
It is not a requirement that the student be presenting or already registered to attend.
Applicants can be enrolled full-time or part-time and can be undertaking online or internal study modes.
The Grant is designed to support recipients with travel and accommodation costs, as organised by the student.
If due to unforeseen circumstances you need to cancel your attendance, you will be required to return your $500 grant to Three Rivers UDRH.
To be eligible applicants are required to:
- Be actively enrolled at CSU in:
- at least their second year of an undergraduate nursing degree OR
- in a postgraduate nursing or midwifery degree OR
- be a HDR student with an interest in nursing, midwifery, and/or Indigenous health
- Identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Be a registered member of the CSU Rural Health Club, Rural Health Positive
- Higher Degree by Research (HDR) students must have completed all probation requirements and have satisfactorily completed all outstanding progress reports.
Following the conference, successful applicants will be required to complete a short, written reflection of their experience at the event. Students’ description of their experience may be circulated through Three Rivers’ stakeholder communications and newsletter.
- Submit the application form (below) via email to: email@example.com by 5:00pm Monday, 26 August, 2019
- Applicants will need to confirm they have not received any other funding towards attending this event.
- To find out more, contact Pip Southwell, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 6365 7583
- Applications close 5:00pm Monday, 26 August, 2019
- Applicants will be notified by Monday 02 September, 2019