We provide a number of resources to support students on their journey toward becoming rural health professionals.
On the ground student support
Students have access to our:
- Six regionally based clinical educators supporting students and employers during rural placements.
- Dedicated Indigenous Clinical Educator.
Three Rivers is proud to be working with the Murrumbidgee Primary Health Network to offer CSU students and staff access to the QPR suicide prevention training, as part of the LifeSpan Integrated Suicide Prevention Program.
Led by the Murrumbidgee PHN, with the support of the Black Dog Institute, the online self-paced training takes 60-90 minutes and can be paused to take as you long as you like to complete.
Interactive Health Career Explorer
Welcome to the village of Hardy. It’s a wonderful little Aussie village full of great people, but all is not well…
Come and explore the different all health professionals that keep Hardy healthy. You can do this module at your own pace, to learn about the different careers that are possible in rural health. There are interactive activities to do and lots of health professions to explore. This is your chance to choose your own adventure:
- Come and meet Celia, whose cough is out of control
- Help Tom and his family get to school on time
- The local team has had a shocker. How do we get them match-fit for the big game?
Rural Health Careers
In working closely with Industry partners and current health students, we wanted to help link potential employers with Charles Sturt graduates. We have started a new collaboration with the Charles Sturt Careers Service to help everyone join the dots.
Our new careers portal is available for:
- Employers wishing to post a vacancy for students and graduates
- Students seeking graduate positions in health via a dynamic jobs board
- Students seeking support in developing their job-seeker skills by booking a time with a Charles Sturt Careers Adviser to help build resumes and interview skills
- Links with peak bodies
Safe driving on your rural health placement
Country driving provides an opportunity for some beautiful scenery across our spectacular country, but unfortunately, it also comes with some potential hazards and risks you may not be aware of if you are unfamiliar with rural and regional areas.
We have put together some useful driving tips to keep you safe during your clinical placement.