Three Rivers University Department of Rural Health is a key initiative in the Commonwealth Rural Health Multidisciplinary Training Program.
The objective of this program is to improve the recruitment and retention of medical, dental, nursing and allied health professionals in rural and remote Australia.
Three Rivers UDRH will work with our Consortium partners and stakeholders to achieve this objective through the following priority areas:
- Delivering effective rural training experiences for nursing, midwifery, allied health and dental students (prior to gaining professional registration).
- Ensuring rural training experiences are of high quality.
- Developing processes to improve rural student recruitment.
- Engaging with the local community to support the delivery of training to students.
- Maintaining and progressing an evidence base and the rural health research agenda.
- Supporting improvements in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health.
- Providing regional leadership in developing innovative training solutions to address rural workforce recruitment retention.