Dr Kristy Robson
DipHSc(Pod) MHSc(Ed) PhD
PositionSenior Research Fellow
Campuscampus Albury / Wodonga
LocationBuilding 673, room 305
Phone/Faxwork 02 6051 9430
Kristy is an experienced allied health professional with over 25 years working as a podiatrist and academic in rural and regional Australia. Through clinical experience and research interests, Kristy has extensive knowledge and expertise with rural and regional communities and health services to improve health outcomes by collaboratively designing and implementing translatable and meaningful research using a range of methodologies.
Kristy has undertaken extensive research in ageing, enhancing mobility and preventing falls in both the community and hospital settings. She has a keen research interest in sustaining the rural health workforce and interprofessional collaboration, and developing interprofessional experiences of allied health students, both in Australia and internationally. Kristy is currently supervising a number of Higher Degree Research students. She has authored several peer-reviewed publications, including journal articles and book chapters.
Kristy joins Three Rivers from Charles Sturt University’s School of Allied Health, Exercise and Sports Sciences. She taught and led research focusing on chronic disease, mobility, ageing, interprofessional practice and student workplace learning.
Kristy has extensive experience in qualitative and mixed-methods research approaches, focusing on stakeholder engagement and co-design.
Her current research projects focus on:
- Healthy ageing in rural communities
- Interprofessional practice for allied health students
- Sustaining the health workforce in rural areas
- Translational research.
- Podiatry Association of Australia
- Australian Association of Gerontology
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) registered podiatrist
- Podiatry Board of Australia: NSW Practitioner member
- Albury Wodonga Health Service: Non-Executive Director
- NSW Health Falls Prevention Network Advisory Committee
- Ageing Well Research Group – Charles Sturt University
- Australia Podiatry Association publication Stride: Section Editor Aged Care