Become a clinical supervisor
To provide innovative rural placement opportunities, we often employ or contract clinicians from various disciplinary backgrounds to provide clinical supervision during placement blocks. These opportunities are available across our footprint and generally involve face-to-face or online supervision of students for a few hours a week for a set placement block.
Our university values
Key working relationships
- Three Rivers Rural Health Education team
- Faculty of Science workplace learning team
- External stakeholders hosting student placement
- Provide clinical supervision including role modelling professional behaviour, demonstrating clinical skills and clearly communicating expectations of students during placement.
- Work autonomously to assess and document student’s progression against disciplinary competencies.
- Ensure a safe learning environment by providing a comprehensive student orientation and reporting any unsafe practices or concerns.
- Maintain oversight of student progress to meet placement milestones and provide timely feedback on progress to students and the Rural Health Education team.
- Collaborate with the Rural Health Education team to conduct and/or participate in evaluation activities.
Essential requirements and qualifications
- Unrestricted, current registration with agency relevant to discipline.
- More than two years of experience working in a relevant discipline.
- Located in or able to travel to the area where supervision will take place.
- Demonstrated experience in student supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to use telehealth or willing to learn same.
Charles Sturt Enterprise Agreement
Clinical supervisors are paid in accordance with Charles Sturt University Enterprise Agreement, generally as a ‘Clinical Educator’. Your pay rate will be determined by Charles Sturt Division of People and Culture after consideration of your specific role and qualifications.
If you are an individual clinician interested in short, fixed-term contracts as a clinical supervisor external to your normal workplace, please register your interest and a clinical educator will contact you. Unfortunately, we do not currently have contracts available for registered nurses, but we can connect you with the manager of clinical facilitators in the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Indigenous Health.